I used the June 2016 Nailbox content to create a festival nails look.
This is the first subscription box of polish that I have received. I’ve not signed up to one before because I now have so much polish (I’m approaching 1,000 bottles) and I think that I probably own practically every colour out there, in every finish. (OK, so maybe I don’t have all the greens – as green is not a favourite of mine!) I’m also running low on space to store them all, so these days I am much more picky about buying polish and only buy ones that really speak to me.
But I can see the appeal of these boxes. Even now I do love some nail mail. And to have a surprise package of nail goodies once a month would be wonderful.
The June 2016 Nailbox is called Festival Fever and contains four nail polishes and one nail art item:
- Rimmel Cheeky Chap is a matte pale blue from the Spring 2015 Sweetie Heart collection
- OPI Is Mai Tai Crooked? is a peach colour from the Spring 2015 Hawaii Collection
- Essie Jazzy Jubilant is a medium pale pink and lilac/pale blue glitter, small teal glitter and slightly smaller bronze/orange glitter in a clear base – from the Christmas 2013 Luxeffects collection
- Bourjois Turquoise Block is a “more green than blue” turquoise – it’s a deeper version of Barry M Greenberry
- Elegant Touch Stylist metallic nail art tape – six different metallic colours of sticky striping tape, each colour having four rows
I’ve used all the contents to create these festival nails. I took my inspiration from a similar manicure I saw – but I’m sorry to that original artist, because I cannot now find it. So if you think this looks a bit like a manicure of yours – created with different colours and without the glitter – then it’s possibly yours that I derived mine from.
All these products are excellent and I was especially pleased with the OPI; to get a fairly recent, full-size OPI in a box is great.
Rimmel Cheeky Chap – the pale blue polish – is a matte polish, but I’ve top-coated it so it is shiny on this manicure.
The Essie glitter was a little runny, so I had to use several attempts to dab it on with the brush to get an even coverage. In hindsight, it would have been easier to apply it with a sponge.
You can sign up for a monthly Nailbox for as little as £13.50 a month. The August 2016 box sounds great. According to their website, it’s called Into the Sunset. The contents are worth nearly £40 and it will contain “four nail polishes and one stamping tool”.
- Green: Bourjois Turquoise Block
- Blue: Rimmel Cheeky Chap
- Peach: OPI Is Mai Tai Crooked?
- Glitter: Essie Jazzy Jubilant
- White: Barry M Cotton
- Striping Tape: Elegant Touch Stylist Metallic Nail Art Tape
- Top coat: Glisten & Glow HK Girl
All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.
The June 2016 Nailbox was sent to me for review. All views expressed in this post are my own, honest and unbiased opinions.