Colour blocked pink, purple, blue and silver nails
I had seen a lovely manicure on Pinterest using colours similar to this and done as a cloud manicure.
I was going to recreate it exactly, but changed a couple of things. Firstly, the original creator had used Essie Mint Candy Apple. I’ve overdone the mint a bit recently and wanted to try it with a more blue colour, rather than a minty green.
Secondly, I wasn’t sure how good I would be at doing a cloud manicure, so I chickened out and used tape instead.
The colours I used were:
- Collection 2000 Candy Floss (pink)
- Models Own Blooboo (blue)
- Nails Inc Devonshire Row (purple)
- Barry M Foil Effects Silver (silver)
I’ve used all these polishes before except for Collection 2000 Candy Floss, which I got in a swap with Cazzy Durcan of Special Girl Nails. It’s quite a nice opaque colour. I’ve used it on top of the silver and it only needed one, thickish coat.
This is the original picture from Pinterest, from Maggiemooie:
All in all, I think I did an OK job. I prefer my colours, but like the clouds better than the straight lines. And her photography skills are far superior too!
- Pink: Collection 2000 Candy Floss
- Blue: Models Own Blooboo
- Purple: Nails Inc Devonshire Row
- Silver: Barry M Foil Effects Silver
- Top coat: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip
– – – – –
All images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.