Blue, White and Black Chevrons | Twinsie Tuesday
The Twinsie Tuesday group were painting chevrons a fortnight ago (gosh, I’m late with this post!). These blue, white and black chevrons started out in my head as blue, silver and navy.
But when I was just about to start on them, having already painted the base blue colour, I remembered these navy, silver and blue fishtail chevrons and thought that what I was about to paint was far too similar to them. So I tweaked the colour scheme a little and they became blue, white and black instead.
The base blue is Morgan Taylor West Coast Cool. It’s such a bright and striking blue; I just love the colour. I don’t organise my swatches by colour – I just add them to nail wheels as I buy them. So I don’t know for sure, but I expect if I double-checked that I would have ten bottles of polish in this colour or very similar. It’s one I always seem to pick up – my Achilles heel of a nail polish colour.
I added the white and black using Nail Vinyls, as I didn’t trust myself to get the lines straight.
I had to remove this almost as soon as I had finished it as I had an event to go to the next day and my outfit wasn’t going to match the blue. But I had worn the blue on its own for a few days, so got to enjoy it that way.
Please take a look at all the other chevron manicures from the Twinsies:
- Alaina at The Little Canvas
- Alice at Nail Art in Wonderland
- Amanda at Fashion Footing
- Amber at Nails Like Lace
- Lisa at The Polish Playground
- Marisa at Polish Obsession
- Megan at A Beauty in the Business
- Sara at The Call of Beauty
- Sarah at Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Lacquer
- Sharon at Behind Green Eyes
- Steph at Lovestruck Lacquer
- Blue: two coats of Morgan Taylor West Coast Cool
- White: Barry M Cotton
- Black: Jordana Black
- Top coat: Glisten & Glow HK Girl
All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.