Burgundy and Red Needle Drag| Twinsie Tuesday
This week’s Twinsie Tuesday prompt is vampy. To me, vampy is all about dark red, so I did a burgundy and red needle drag manicure.
Working one nail at a time, I first painted on one thickish coat of L’Oréal Hypnotic Red. It’s a deep burgundy, almost black, shade and is the perfect vampy red.
Then I added a thin stripe of L’Oréal Rouge Cancan vertically down the centre of the nail, taking care to float it on so as not to pick up any of the first colour on the brush.
Then with my thinnest dotting tool – the one that is almost needle sharp – I dragged through the polish in a loopy pattern. I thought at first about recreating the pattern I did on this fuchsia and cream needle drag. But instead I thought it might kind of look more like a laced up corset – very vampy – if the turns at each side were looped rather than pointed. So I did continuous wide S-shaped swirls from side to side with the dotting tool.
I probably had too much polish on the nail because it didn’t stay the lovely elegant pattern I had created. Instead it ran a bit and distorted in places. So by the time it had dried enough for top coat, I no longer had a lovely corset. But it does still have a vampy vibe, albeit in abstract form!
Please take a look at all the other vampy manicures from the Twinsies this week:
- Alaina at The Little Canvas
- Amanda at Amandalandish
- Amanda at Fashion Footing
- Amber at Nails Like Lace
- Bridget at A Painted Nail
- Chelsea at Nailed Blog
- ChiChi at Just Me…ChiChi
- Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
- Lisa at The Polish Playground
- Marisa at Polish Obsession
- Marisa at Polish Those Nails
- Megan at A Beauty in the Business
- Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
- Sara at The Call of Beauty
- Savannah Addicted to Polish
- Sharon at Behind Green Eyes
- Steph at Lovestruck Lacquer
- Tiffany at Polished To Precision
- Colours: one coat of L’Oréal Color Riche Hypnotic Red and one thin stripe of L’Oréal Color Riche Rouge Cancan
- Top coat: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.