Red, Blue and Purple Water Marble (52 Week Challenge)
I’ve combined the two 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge prompts this week, for a red, blue and purple water marble manicure.
I used Nella Milano polishes, which water marbled really well. They spread easily in the water and didn’t split or disperse when I dragged through them. I used The Rubinator (red), True Blue (blue) and A Royal Affair (purple) for a stripey water marble effect. You can see my white undies poking through. I still get this whenever I clean up – let me know if you have any tips to avoid it.
I wanted to do all my fingers, but I hadn’t left the white base long enough to dry, so most of them didn’t work out well because I knocked them or was too clumsy getting any water bubbles off. I was left with two good ones on my left hand, so stuck with those and painted plain blue and red on the other nails (with purple on my non-photographed thumb nail).
- Red: three coats of Nella Milano The Rubinator
- Blue: three coats of Nella Milano True Blue
- Water marble base: one coat of Nella Milano Chantilly Cream
- Water marble colours: Nella Milano The Rubinator, Nella Milano True Blue and Nella Milano A Royal Affair
- Top coats: Glisten & Glow HK Girl on the water marble nails; Sally Hansen Insta-Dri on the plain nails
All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.
The Nella Milano polishes used for this post were sent to me for review. All views expressed in this post are my own, honest and unbiased opinions.