White with Black Swirly Floral Stamping | Inspired by a Movie | Twinsie Tuesday
I have some white with black floral stamping nails today, for the Twinsie Tuesday prompt, which is to create something inspired by your favourite movie.
I can’t quite decide what my favourite movie is. I have a top five, in no particular order: La Vita é Bella/Life Is Beautiful, The Shawshank Redemption, The Italian Job (original version), The Life of Brian and Cinema Paradiso. But I just couldn’t find anything from them to be inspired by. So I went a bit further down my list. One of my top 10 movies would be Rear Window, the Hitchcock film starring James Stewart and Grace Kelly.
In one scene, Grace Kelly’s character comes round to visit while her boyfriend is laid up with a broken leg. She wears an exquisite dress. It’s quite over the top bearing in mind all she seems to be doing is visiting her boyfriend for the evening. It has a fitted black bodice, then a full, mid-calf, white chiffon and tulle skirt. The skirt has small black floral accents coming down from the waistband.
I haven’t captured the exact look of the dress’s trim. I couldn’t find a good enough stamping plate to match the dress. But this look is very much inspired by the dress, and beautiful Grace Kelly.
Please take a look at all the other movie-inspired manicures from the Twinsies this week:
- Tiffany at Polished To Precision
- Steph at Lovestruck Lacquer
- Sharon at Behind Green Eyes
- Savannah Addicted to Polish
- Sarah at Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Lacquer
- Sara at The Call of Beauty
- Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
- Megan at A Beauty in the Business
- Marisa at Polish Those Nails
- Marisa at Polish Obsession
- Lisa at The Polish Playground
- Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
- ChiChi at Just Me…ChiChi
- Chelsea at Nailed Blog
- Bridget at A Painted Nail
- Amber at Nails Like Lace
- Amanda at Fashion Footing
- Amanda at Amandalandish
- Alice at Nail Art in Wonderland
- Alaina at The Little Canvas
- Colour: two coats of Nella Milano Chantilly Cream
- Stamping polish: Konad Black
- Stamping plate: ÜberChic Beauty 3-01
- Top coat: Glisten & Glow HK Girl
All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.
Nella Milano Chantilly Cream, as shown in this post, was sent to me for review. All views expressed in this post are my own, honest and unbiased opinions.