Rainbow Water Marble | Twinsie Tuesday
We’re marbling this week for Twinsie Tuesday – whether that’s a water marble, dry marble or needle drag – and I have created some rainbow water marble nails.
Now, water marbling doesn’t always work out for me. It’s almost certainly a case of getting the right polishes for it. And for this manicure, it seems I did … and I am delighted with the result.
A couple of weeks ago, I was away near Bristol and visited Clarks Village, an outlet shop. Now the credit card got a bit of a hammering – I needed a new handbag, and my sunglasses are nine years old (but it was my birthday)! While there, I came across a shop I’ve never heard of before, called The Beauty Outlet. It had a lot of polish brands: Rimmel, Revlon, W7, OPI, etc. I was drawn to some jelly polishes from W7. They were only £2 each and as I don’t have any really sheer jellies, I thought I would give them a try. I hoped they might rival the OPI Color Paints, which I have never purchased.
Well, I am delighted with them. For £2 a bottle, they are awesome. Knowing that the OPI polishes are designed to be painted over a silver base, I thought I would try water marbling over a silver base. Coincidentally, I chose an OPI for that silver – I used OPI This Gown Needs A Crown. It’s possibly my favourite silver polish – I’ve decided that I’m going to need a backup of it.
I am delighted to say that these W7 “Jelly Bean” polishes water marbled brilliantly. Unfortunately, my camera-shy right hand looks better than this one, as the marbling has more depth of colour and is more uniform in pattern. However, both my son and my husband say they prefer this hand as the difference in the patterns is more interesting. Each to their own, I suppose.
Please take a look at all the other marbled manicures from the Twinsies this week:
- Alaina at The Little Canvas
- Alice at Nail Art in Wonderland
- Amanda at Amandalandish
- Amanda at Fashion Footing
- Amber at Nails Like Lace
- Chelsea at Nailed Blog
- ChiChi at I’m Just Me…ChiChi
- Lisa at The Polish Playground
- Marisa at Polish Obsession
- Marisa at Polish Those Nails
- Megan at A Beauty in the Business
- Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
- Sara at The Call of Beauty
- Sarah at Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Lacquer
- Savannah at Addicted to Polish
- Sharon at Behind Green Eyes
- Steph at Lovestruck Lacquer
- Base colour: two coats of OPI This Gown Needs A Crown
- Water marbling colours: W7 Orange Crush, W7 Crushed Pineapple, W7 Watermelon Jelly, W7 Wild Blackberry
- Top coat: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.