33DC Day 19: Follow Someone’s Tutorial
It’s day 19 and today in the Crumpet’s Nail Tarts 33 Day Challenge we’re following someone’s tutorial.
I’ve always wanted to do the flowers that MrCandiipants does using just the polish brushes and decided at the beginning of this challenge that I would do just that when it came to day 19. In the past few days though, I saw a video from MissJenFABULOUS (I’m not linking to her for reasons that will become obvious in a minute) where she has copied MrCandiipants’ design and not credited her. She hasn’t claimed responsibility for the design, but neither has she said it’s not hers, so I feel sorry for MrCandiipants when I read all the comments on MissJenFABULOUS’s YouTube video tutorial saying what a great manicure it is. MissJenFABULOUS has apparently blocked people who have pulled her up on it and also deleted their comments, which REALLY isn’t nice.
So, I’m doubly pleased now to be honouring MrCandiipants’ fabulous manicure today.
Instead of a spring version, I wanted to use more autumnal colours. Over a year ago, I bought the Beauty UK West End Girl collection, and have only used a couple of the six polishes so far. So I thought this would be a great opportunity to use all of the polishes, especially as the colours are just perfect for this time of year.
These are the colours:
- Café Culture – a creamy beige with a subtle shimmer, which I’ve used as the base coat
- Burgundy – a rich, deep red
- Posh Puddle – a mid brown
- Street Rose – a dusky rose pink
- Coral Surprise – a deep coral
- Urban Jungle – a khaki colour
For the dotted centres of the flowers, I have used W7 Black Cherry.
I didn’t space my flowers out very well, but I’m doing this manicure a bit at the last minute. I think the colours work well though, and I’ll do this again with different colour schemes for different times of the year.
Here’s the full MrCandiipants tutorial:
- Base colour: three coats of Beauty UK Café Culture
- Flowers:Beauty UK Burgundy, Beauty UK Posh Puddle, Beauty UK Street Rose, Beauty UK Coral Surprise, Beauty UK Urban Jungle and W7 Black Cherry
- Top coat: Glisten & Glow HK Girl
Have a look at what everyone else doing the challenge has come up with:
– – – – –
All images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.