Purple Skittlette | Mix & Match | Twinsie Tuesday
The Twinsie Tuesday group is doing mix and match manicures today. I haven’t heard that term applied to a nails look before, so I am not entirely sure if I’ve got this right. To me, it sounds like it should be a bit of a skittlette: the match being the same or similar colours, and the mix being different designs. So, to that end at least, I created a purple skittlette. I hope I got it right!
I created two matching nails, using Barry M Fonadant as the base. To this pink-toned lilac colour I added thin stripes of white and purple.
The plain nail is SpaRitual Modern Craftsman, a stunning purple nail polish with tiny red glitters.
Then the middle nail has a white base and is stamped with 2true Artemis, a purple metallic polish. The 2true Metallica collection is great for stamping. They don’t seem to be sold in Superdrug any more, which is a shame. But you can still buy the blue one, Athena, from the 2true website.
The stamping image is from Born Pretty Store plate BP-L001. It’s a repeating design using marquise shapes. Other than this image, the plate has floral, leaf and foliage patterns. It’s absolutely my kind of plate and has lots of images that I love. It currently is available on the Born Pretty website for $4.19. If you’re buying other, full-priced items, feel free to use my 10% discount code: ZSL91 (there’s nothing off this particular item as it’s already reduced).
Please take a look at all the other manicures from the Twinsies this week (even if it’s only to see if I got the right idea for the theme!):
- Alaina at The Little Canvas
- Alice at Nail Art in Wonderland
- Amanda at Amandalandish
- Amanda at Fashion Footing
- Amber at Nails Like Lace
- Chelsea at Nailed Blog
- ChiChi at I’m Just Me…ChiChi
- Lisa at The Polish Playground
- Marisa at Polish Obsession
- Marisa at Polish Those Nails
- Megan at A Beauty in the Business
- Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
- Sara at The Call of Beauty
- Sarah at Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Lacquer
- Savannah at Addicted to Polish
- Sharon at Behind Green Eyes
- Steph at Lovestruck Lacquer
- Index and little finger: two coats of Barry M Fondant, plus stripes of Barry M Matt White and SpaRitual Modern Craftsman
- Ring finger: two coats of SpaRitual Modern Craftsman
- Middle finger: two coats of Barry M Matt White, with stamping, as below
- Stamping polish: 2true Artemis
- Stamping plate: Born Pretty Store BP-L001
- Top coat: Glisten & Glow HK Girl
All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.
Born Pretty Store plate BP-L001 was sent to me for review. All views expressed in this post are my own, honest and unbiased opinions.