Coffee-Inspired Swirls | Twinsie Tuesday
I’m late with the Twinsie Tuesday prompt this week. I’ve been ill in bed with flu, and then I went away for a few days at the end of the week for my birthday. So these coffee inspired swirls are rather late.
I wasn’t sure what to do when I saw the coffee prompt. Normally some stamping is my easy option, but I don’t even have any stamping plates with coffee cups or coffee beans on them.
Ultimately, I have gone for some stamping, but it’s a bit tenuous. I’ve stamped the kind of swirl pattern you sometimes get on your coffee in a Starbucks or Costa Coffee kind of place.
The base is Barry M Cocoa – a pretty apt name, but a very apt colour. It’s certainly a deep, chocolatey coffee colour.
Then I stamped over it. I was going to use Mundo de Uñas Cream, but my Cream is more pale yellow and it looked awful. So instead I used another Barry M polish, Almond and it worked quite well.
The image is from one of the Bundle Monster Blogger collaboration plates, BM-XL210, Sloteazzy’s plate that has lots of watermarble-type images on it. It costs $4.99 if you buy it on its own, or you can get the whole set of five plates for $19.99.
It’s sort of like the swirls they put in your coffee. It’s not very well executed, but blame the flu as I did it when I was still ill last week.
Please take a look at all the other coffee-inspired manicures from the Twinsies this week:
- Alaina at The Little Canvas
- Alice at Nail Art in Wonderland
- Amanda at Amandalandish
- Amanda at Fashion Footing
- Amber at Nails Like Lace
- Chelsea at Nailed Blog
- ChiChi at I’m Just Me…ChiChi
- Lisa at The Polish Playground
- Marisa at Polish Obsession
- Marisa at Polish Those Nails
- Megan at A Beauty in the Business
- Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
- Sara at The Call of Beauty
- Sarah at Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Lacquer
- Savannah at Addicted to Polish
- Sharon at Behind Green Eyes
- Steph at Lovestruck Lacquer
- Colour: one coat of Barry M Cocoa
- Stamping polish: Barry M Almond
- Stamping plate: Bundle Monster BM-XL210
- Top coat: Glisten & Glow HK Girl
All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.
Bundle Monster BM-XL210 was sent to me for review. All views expressed in this post are my own, honest and unbiased opinions.