I had a lovely manicure planned for Day 30 of the Crumpet’s Nail Tarts 33 Day Challenge. It would have used seventeen different polishes! But, I hadn’t had time to make a start on it until today, so I decided that, on top of all the work I have to do today, my complicated manicure was just too much to take on. So it’s been shelved; hopefully to be resurrected another time.
In its place, I have done a simple half moon manicure using different coloured polishes and matching studs.
I started with a base colour of NYC Pinstripe White. It’s a lovely creamy colour, that I forgot I owned. The formula was quite thin, so I needed three coats, and it also tended to pool into the cuticles, but it’s a great colour for nail art so I’ll forgive it its issues and will remember to use it more often.
Then I used hole reinforcers to mark off the half moon shapes and painted on the different colours:
- Blue: Collection 2000 BMX Bandit
- Orange: Barry M Mango
- Purple: Rimmel Oh Boy You’re So Fine
- Green: Essie Navigate Her
The studs are gold ones that I bought from She Sells Seashells, which I’ve just painted using the same polishes.
Wow! Only a week to go now. Just three more manicures until the challenge is over.
- Base colour: three coats of NYC Pinstripe White
- Index finger: Collection 2000 BMX Bandit
- Middle finger: Barry M Mango
- Ring finger: Rimmel Oh Boy You’re So Fine
- Little finger: Essie Navigate Her
- Studs: studs painted in the same polishes as above
- Top coat: Glisten & Glow HK Girl
Have a look at what everyone else doing the challenge has come up with:
– – – – –
All images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.