Shattered Glass Stamping | Twinsie Tuesday
For Twinsie Tuesday, we’re doing shattered glass nails.
Now, I don’t have any cellophane, nor much desire to spend hours cutting it up and sticking it my nails – much as I like the effect of the finished look. So I cheated and stamped my shattered glass nails instead.
The base is a polish I haven’t used before. It’s Nails Inc. Soho Silver, which came free with the December 2013 issue of Glamour magazine. So it’s more than two-years’ old and hasn’t been tried yet.
I used two coats. At first, it looked streaky and full of brush strokes, but surprisingly, it smoothed out beautifully as it dried and left an even, and fairly shiny, finish.
I wanted to create a broken mirror effect, and the black on silver seems to have done just that.
I stamped using Konad Black and Bundle Monster BM-608. The stamping plate is from the 2014 Create Your Own set, so thank you to whomever created the broken glass image! I get shattered glass nails … without the effort!
Please take a look at all the other shattered glass manicures from the Twinsies this week:
- Alaina at The Little Canvas
- Alice at Nail Art in Wonderland
- Amanda at Amandalandish
- Amanda at Fashion Footing
- Amber at Nails Like Lace
- Chelsea at Nailed Blog
- ChiChi at I’m Just Me…ChiChi
- Lisa at The Polish Playground
- Marisa at Polish Obsession
- Marisa at Polish Those Nails
- Megan at A Beauty in the Business
- Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
- Sara at The Call of Beauty
- Sarah at Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Lacquer
- Savannah at Addicted to Polish
- Sharon at Behind Green Eyes
- Steph at Lovestruck Lacquer
- Colour: two coats of Nails Inc Soho Silver
- Stamping polish: Konad Black
- Stamping plate: Bundle Monster BM-608
- Top coat: Glisten & Glow HK Girl
All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.