Navigate / search

FingerFood’s Theme Weeks: Dots & Stripes: Black & White

It’s dots and stripes in this week’s FingerFood’s Theme Buffet challenge.

I was inspired to do this manicure by a dress I saw. At first I created the stripes only, and it looked like the Pizza Express branding – no bad thing seeing as I was eating out at Pizza Express that evening with friends, and again the following day with my family!

Then I added the dots. Unfortunately, they’re a bit wiggly, but the overall effect is quite nice.

I used my staple black and white: W7 Black and Sinful Colors Snow Me White.

Dots stripes black white
Black and white dots and stripes

Here’s the dress that inspired these nails:

And here’s my “Pizza Express nails”, which I much preferred, photographed in Pizza Express:

FingerFood's Theme Weeks

Here are the manicures from everyone else that is participating:

For this manicure I’ve used:
  • Base colour: two coats of W7 Black
  • Dots and stripes: Sinful Colors Snow Me White
  • Top coat: Glisten & Glow HK Girl

– – – – –
All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.

Comments

Mina

hahahaha! It is almost the same dress!!
Except mine has the top all in black but the bottom is just like it!!!
What a coincidence! Anyway, I love both looks and I think your wiggly dots (which I could only find two or three of those) add grace to it all – very much like you’d get from a dress in movement :DD
Again, love this one, Claire! *

Claire Kerr

How funny that’s it’s almost the same dress. You’re too kind Mina; the dots aren’t at all straight … they are wibbly wobbly all over the place!

Lou

Love this, looks awesome. B&W manis are super classy

Jayna

This is so pretty! I looks like the dress, but without the spots it does remind me of Pizza Express too! 🙂

Emma

I like it! It looks very smart. I also love the ‘before’ Pizza Express nails!

Manisha

wow this is such a stylish mani. Loved that dress too.

Anita@StyleThoseNails

I love black n white combo. Your design stands out… very nicely done

Dawn

such a pretty mani and dress love this 🙂 xx

The Sparkle Queen

That dress is BEAUTIFUL! Great choice for inspiration! For whatever it’s worth, I don’t think we have a Pizza Express near me, so I’d have no idea what that was from hehe. I do like the look both ways though! Very neat 🙂

Claire Kerr

No, I think Pizza Express is a uniquely British restaurant chain. Have a look at their website though and you’ll see the black and white striped branding.

EDIT – My mistake. There are other restaurants too – just not in the US: there are “40 overseas in Europe, Hong Kong, India and the Middle East.”