Fairisle Christmas Jumper Nails | Twinsie Tuesday
After a bit of a hiatus during December, the Twinsie Tuesday group returns today with a Christmas manicure. I have created some Fairisle Christmas jumper nails, in cream, pink and blue.
I have just received the CICI & SISI special Christmas plate, Miss Xmas – Happy Reindeer. I won it in a CICI & SISI Facebook competition. I am delighted with this plate. It has so many great images.
Before I received it, I looked it up online, and was really struck by one of the manicure ideas with a Fairisle / Christmas jumper theme.
I’ve recreated some of that design using Mundo de Uñas Blue Navy (3) and Mundo de Uñas Fiusha (20) over Barry M Coconut.
My Mundo de Uñas polishes seem to “bleed” sometimes and they have done here. I don’t quite understand it. They’re fine when placed and when scraped – at least I can’t see anything untoward. But once I pick them up on the stamper, they develop little spidery veins coming off the image. It may be to do with the fact that I use a fairly firm stamper, but I haven’t tested my theory.
I am in love with this design. At arm’s length, it’s fabulous. In close up, you can see that my images on a couple of nails are slightly sloping, and that the colours bleed into the wrong areas, and don’t forget those spidery veins. But most people will only see it at arm’s length, so humour me here and just don’t go clicking on the images to enlarge them!
This is the manicure (bottom set of nails) that I was inspired by and from which I recreated a couple of the nails:
Please take a look at all the other manicures from the Twinsies this week:
- Tiffany at Polished To Precision
- Steph at Lovestruck Lacquer
- Sharon at Behind Green Eyes
- Savannah Addicted to Polish
- Sarah at Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Lacquer
- Sara at The Call of Beauty
- Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
- Megan at A Beauty in the Business
- Marisa at Polish Those Nails
- Marisa at Polish Obsession
- Lisa at The Polish Playground
- Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
- ChiChi at Just Me…ChiChi
- Chelsea at Nailed Blog
- Bridget at A Painted Nail
- Amber at Nails Like Lace
- Amanda at Fashion Footing
- Amanda at Amandalandish
- Alice at Nail Art in Wonderland
- Alaina at The Little Canvas
- Colour: two coats of Barry M Coconut
- Stamping polish: Mundo de Uñas Blue Navy (3) and Mundo de Uñas Fiusha (20)
- Stamping plate: CICI & SISI Miss Xmas – Happy Reindeer
- Top coat: Glisten & Glow HK Girl
All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned. The CICI & SISI image is used with the company’s permission; it is copyright to CICI & SISI.