Grey and Gold Stamping, Inspired by Benedict Cumberbatch’s Hamlet | Twinsie Tuesday
The Twinsie Tuesday prompt this week is to create nails inspired by your favourite fictional character.
I went from the ridiculous to the sublime, first trying (and failing) to create Danger Mouse nails, and then finally being inspired by Benedict Cumberbatch’s Hamlet to create these grey and gold stamping nails.
I do love Danger Mouse. I had the “DM” logo OK, but his face was just going wrong, so in a fit of pique, I acetoned him off my nails.
If you take fiction in the sense of literature, my love is Shakespeare. I am fond of many of the characters in my favourite plays. I love Henry IV Part I and Part II, Henry V, Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth, Hamlet, Measure For Measure and Much Ado About Nothing. After Danger Mouse had gone so wrong, I searched for some inspiration from these plays.
Benedict Cumberbatch is currently playing Hamlet at The Barbican in London. I would love to have gone, but I didn’t manage to get tickets in time. They all sold out within minutes – a year before the play opened!
In some of the press images, Benedict Cumberbatch’s Hamlet wears a dark grey jacket, edged with gold embellishments along the cuffs and collars. So that’s what I have used as my inspiration.
My grey is Essie Cashmere Bathrobe. It has a more sparkly effect than the shimmery, metallic quality I wanted, but the colour is good. I stamped with Chanel Kaleidoscope, using two images from Born Pretty Store BP-35.
It’s not an exact match, but is certainly “inspired by”.
Please take a look at all the other manicures inspired by fictional characters from the Twinsies this week:
- Alaina at The Little Canvas
- Alice at Nail Art in Wonderland
- Amanda at Amandalandish
- Amanda at Fashion Footing
- Amber at Nails Like Lace
- Bridget at A Painted Nail
- Chelsea at Nailed Blog
- ChiChi at Just Me…ChiChi
- Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
- Lisa at The Polish Playground
- Marisa at Polish Obsession
- Marisa at Polish Those Nails
- Megan at A Beauty in the Business
- Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
- Sara at The Call of Beauty
- Sarah at Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Lacquer
- Savannah Addicted to Polish
- Sharon at Behind Green Eyes
- Steph at Lovestruck Lacquer
- Tiffany at Polished To Precision
- Colour: two coats of Essie Cashmere Bathrobe
- Stamping polish: Chanel Kaleidoscope
- Stamping plate: Born Pretty Store BP-35
- Top coat: Glisten & Glow HK Girl
All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.