This week’s Twinsie Tuesday prompt calls for us to recreate a manicure from another of the Twinsie Tuesday participants. I chose a pretty red, white and blue striped manicure.
Before that, I had spent a fun hour or so scrolling through blogs and Instagram accounts to choose something to recreate. There was lots of very accomplished freehand stuff that I just couldn’t even contemplate doing. I was on the lookout for some nice stamping or a tape manicure or a gradient or something that was within my comfort zone.
I found these nails by Chelsea of Nailed: A Polish Blog and knew immediately that they were the ones. These red, white and blue striped nails are simple but very striking. And very me. Chelsea had herself recreated this manicure from an Essie advert or promotional image, using some Essie polishes.
I only had one of the Essie polishes, the blue one, Bikini So Teeny. But the red Chelsea used didn’t look a million miles away from Fifth Avenue that I got in my Coloristiq Manicure Box recently. I don’t have any Essie whites, so I used Barry M Cotton for that.
I love these nails. The only sad thing was that I had to take them off as I had a school meeting to go to last night, and I had only had time to do one hand and to photograph it. I didn’t have enough time to do my other hand, so very reluctantly had to remove them. I’m tempted to re-do them for this weekend.
Please take a look at all the other manicures from the Twins this week:
- Tiffany at Polished To Precision
- Steph at Lovestruck Lacquer
- Sharon at Behind Green Eyes
- Savannah Addicted to Polish
- Sarah at Cloudy with a Chance of Lacquer
- Sara at The Call of Beauty
- Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
- Megan at A Beauty in the Business
- Marisa at Polish Those Nails
- Marisa at Polish Obsession
- Lisa at The Polish Playground
- Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
- ChiChi at Just Me…ChiChi
- Chelsea at Nailed Blog
- Bridget at A Painted Nail
- Amber at Nails Like Lace
- Amanda at Fashion Footing
- Amanda at Amandalandish
- Alice at Nail Art in Wonderland
- Alaina at The Little Canvas
- Colours: Barry M Cotton, Essie Fifth Avenue, Essie Bikini So Teeny
- Top coat: Glisten & Glow HK Girl
All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.
Essie Fifth Avenue shown in this post was sent to me for review. All views expressed in this post are my own, honest and unbiased opinions.