White and pink daisies
Sally Hansen The Sky’s The Limit, which has been on my nails since Wednesday, is very close in colour to the background of a pretty floral top I have. Inspired by that, I decided to try to recreate the pattern (somewhat) on my nails.
I used my Barry M White Nail Art Pen for the petals. I’m no artist and I haven’t done them terribly well, but from a distance they look great. I found I had to go over the white twice and sometimes three times to get it show up nice and brightly, so that’s why I haven’t managed absolutely perfect lines.
Once that was dry, I used a dotting tool to add the centres of the daisies in Barry M Fuchsia.
As you can see from the top itself, the flowers in the pattern also have stems, but my artistic talents had reached their limit by this point, and I decided I’d stop at “inspired by” rather than try to copy the pattern exactly!
These look great in person. Close up scrutiny does them no good, but this is the first time I’ve done freehand daisies, and practice makes perfect, I guess!
- Colour: two coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure The Sky’s The Limit
- Intermediate top coat: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip
- Daisy petals: Barry M Nail Art Pen in White
- Daisy centres: Barry M Fuchsia, using a dotting tool
- Final top coat: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip
– – – – –
All images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.