I’ve called this multi-coloured design “geometric Molten Metals” and it’s for the geometric prompt for the Twinsie Tuesday group. I’m still very late in posting my nails – these were not for Tuesday as in yesterday, but for Tuesday last week.
I’ve used all four of the recently launched Molten Metals from Barry M. They are metallic polishes with a distinct shimmer and come in four colours, each with very self-explanatory names: Gold Digger, Silver Lining, Copper Mine and Bronze Bae.
I was pleased to see this launch from Barry M, although I had been hoping they were replacements for the Foil Effects polishes that got discontinued. The Foil Effects are brilliant for stamping, and when they were discontinued, I kind of hoped it was because a new metallic range was coming out, and I was hoping for other colours like blue and purple and pink and green.
Well, Barry M did bring out a range of metallics, but these Molten Metals aren’t like the Foil Effects, and they don’t really stamp well. They do stamp, but because of the shimmer, they give the kind of “patchy” effect you get when stamping with holographic polishes. Never mind, I still have my fingers crossed for plain Foil Effects-like metallics from Barry M. [Hint, hint, Mr. Mero et al].
I stamped the image from ÜberChic Beauty 2-01 using Essence Stamp Me! Black. While it was still on the stamper, I filled it in with the four Barry M Molten Metals. Then, when it was dry, I painted a coat of fast-drying top coat on to my middle nails, left it for a minute or so and then stamped the filled-in image onto the nail. I find it easier to do that rather than to stamp on a mat and then lift the image and place it – stamping straight from the stamper works so much better for me.
Please take a look at all the other geometric manicures from the Twinsies:
- Alaina at The Little Canvas
- Alice at Nail Art in Wonderland
- Amanda at Fashion Footing
- Amber at Nails Like Lace
- Lisa at The Polish Playground
- Marisa at Polish Obsession
- Megan at A Beauty in the Business
- Sara at The Call of Beauty
- Sarah at Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Lacquer
- Sharon at Behind Green Eyes
- Steph at Lovestruck Lacquer
- Colours: Barry M Gold Digger, Barry M Silver Lining, Barry M Copper Mine and Barry M Bronze Bae
- Stamping polish: Essence Stamp Me! Black
- Stamping plate: ÜberChic Beauty 2-01
- Top coat: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.