Brush stroke metallics skittle (52 Week Challenge)
This week’s 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge is either brush stroke or favourite brand.
Having not done a brush stroke manicure before, that was my immediate choice. I wasn’t sure how – or if – it differed from a distressed manicure, so I had a quick search to find out more. In searching, I came across a lovely manicure and tutorial by Gorgeois and thought I’d try to recreate that.
By the time I’d pulled out all my metallics, I couldn’t whittle it down to a few colours, so instead I chose to do a skittle using seventeen different colours.
After I’d painted a base each of the lightest metallic, I followed the Georgois tutorial and painted the brush strokes with the darkest polish first, then gradually getting lighter. And I did that twice. I don’t much like the final outcome, so it didn’t last very long on my nails. I’m afraid this one is a case of doing something so that I can be sure to complete a challenge, rather than doing something I wanted to wear on my nails. (It will probably turn out to be really well liked therefore – it’s often the case!)
- Reds/oranges: Sally Hansen Wined Up, No 7 Salsa, Sally Hansen Shiny Penny, L’Oreal Versailles Gold
- Greens/yellows: Color Club Ho-Ho-Holly, Chanel Azuré, Revlon Beach, Sephora Flash Me!
- Blues: Beauty UK Electric Blue, George Blue Lagoon, Sally Hansen Blue Streak, L’Oreal Saphir Treasure, Essie Blue Rhapsody
- Purples: A England Avalon, Sally Hansen Pronto Purple, Barry M Lilac Foil, Essie Nothing Else Metals
- Top coat: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.