Navigate / search

Dusky pink gel with glitter

I loved these dusky pink gel with glitter nails. I’ve been using quite a lot of gel polish recently, as I’ve not  been having much time to paint nails every couple of days.

I fancied something quite elegant, and took inspiration from this Celina Rydén manicure on Instagram.

I used a gel polish by Y&S. I bought a set of four Y&S polishes on a whim, because they were not expensive. I paid £8.99 for all four bottles, and that included delivery for me as I am an Amazon Prime customer.

Dusky pink gel with glitter
Dusky pink gel with glitter

I used polish 019 from the Y&S gel polish set #003, a dusky pink.

Of the four polishes in the set, the dusky pink is my favourite. It’s a beautiful shade. And I’ll definitely use the grey and the purple too.

I’m not so sure about the final colour though. The images on Amazon show it as a pinky nude, but it’s more of a browny-beige, and I’m not as keen on it as I am the others.

Still, £9 for the three gel polishes that I’ll use is great value, so I’m not complaining.

Dusky pink gel with glitter
Dusky pink gel with glitter

The glitter is one from an NYK1 set. I applied them after I’d cured and cleansed the gel, by applying over a clear polish. I used NYC Grand Central Station, which is supposed to be a fast-drying top coat, but I find it dries fairly slowly, and so is perfect in this application.

I then used a couple of coats of Gelous, which is supposedly a base coat, but which covers glitters well. I finished off with two coats of my favourite top coat, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri.

For this manicure I’ve used:
  • Gel base coast: Red Carpet Manicure Structure
  • Gel polish: Three coats of colour 019 from the Y&S gel polish set #003
  • Gel top coat: Red Carpet Manicure Brilliance
  • Glitter nails: one coat of NYC Grand Central Station, plus glitter from NYK1, then two coats of Gelous Advanced Nail Gel Coat and two coats of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri

All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.
This post contains affiliate links.

Comments

Lisa N.

Pretty pink manicure!

Maria-Virginia

Hi. I’m in Florida, USA. Your style is much like mine in its elegance and simplicity… (but yours is better.. ) So beautiful! Thank you for sharing it…

Claire Kerr

Hi Maria-Virginia – do you have a blog or social media accounts that you post your nails on? I’d love to follow you if you do.

Maria-Virginia

Hey Claire. I have an “Instagram” account where I only post the nails that I do, but I take the pictures with a phone camera (lol) so, again, not close to what you do. It’s mvalonso75, my name in there is as MariV

Claire Kerr

Thanks – I’m following you.

We all started somewhere! Look at my early photos and although they’re taken with an SLR camera, I’ve used the automatic settings and just natural daylight. And I only usually took one photo per post. (Plus I couldn’t paint my nails anywhere near as neatly as I can now!)

Maria-Virginia

I’m looking at your stamping techniques and combination of colors.. I have the colors and the stamping plates and the whatever else you need to stamp I have… but… I can’t stamp… I suck at it.. lol… Anyway, thank you!

Maria-Virginia

I just realized.. you’re in UK, that’s 6 hours ahead of us.. Watya doing awake at this late hours of the night? lmao

Claire Kerr

Ha ha – it’s only 10.30 pm – not so late at all. Keep practising with the stamping – you’ll get there (and speed is key).

Maria-Virginia

Hey Claire. Good Morning. I will keep practicing… Thank you…