Stencilled black stripes on beige and a giveaway
I usually do stripes using nail vinyls, but these nails were done using smART nails stencils. They work in exactly the same way, but perhaps are a little better for those who aren’t so confident with evenly spacing vinyls as these are spaced out for you.
The base is 3 coats of Revlon Bare Bones, a bargain I picked up in Poundworld recently. It’s a very nice colour and I do love the bottle. I don’t know if you can buy these polishes in UK shops, but they are listed on the Superdrug website for £7.99 – including this particular colour. So £1 was a bargain and I’m glad I bought a few shades. The formula of this particular one is a little thin, and it had a tendency to pool in the cuticles. I also used 3 coats. It perhaps may have only needed 2, but I did my nails in the evening and wasn’t sure if the polish was still a little sheer or not. I could see a hint of light coming through so gave it another coat for good luck!
The stencil is P018, which is double lines. The lines are also cut near to one end, so you could do 2 lines, then a solid colour for the rest of the nail. I fancied some lines at the top again, a bit like a my Rimmel Navy Seal with cream stripes manicure.
The stencils come in a pack of ten, all with a matching design. You can buy them online from smART nails for $1.99 a pack and they deliver worldwide. During November, there is also a generous 25% discount for those using the code NOV25 during checkout.
I also have a giveaway, kindly sponsored by smART Nails. There are 3 prizes, each of 5 packs of stencils. On your entry, just name the 5 designs you would like to receive and give your email address. Entries can be made using the Rafflecopter widget below. Additional entries can be earned by following Kerruticles on various social media, but these aren’t mandatory. The giveaway is open to those in the UK, US, Canada and Australia.
Please ensure that you read the full terms and conditions, which are also posted below. By submitting your entry using the Rafflecopter widget, you are agreeing to those terms and conditions.
- Base colour: three coats of Revlon Bare Bones
- Stencils: smART nails P018
- Black: W7 Black
- Top coat: Glisten & Glow HK Girl
All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.
The stencils used for this post were sent to me for review. All views expressed in this post are my own, honest and unbiased opinions.
The terms and conditions of the giveaway are:
- This giveaway begins at midnight on Monday 24th November 2014.
- Entries must be placed using the Rafflecopter widget. Naming the 5 chosen stencils and providing a valid email address are both mandatory. Other options give additional entries into the competition but are not mandatory.
- Only one entry per person.
- All entries must be received by 12 noon (GMT) on Monday 1st December 2014.
- The giveaway is open to entrants aged 18 or over from the USA, Canada, UK and Australia only, or those with a postal address in any of these countries.
- There are 3 prizes, each comprising 5 packets of stencils of the winners’ choice.
- Prizes may not be exchanged, substituted, transferred or redeemed for cash or other prizes.
- The prize will be supplied and despatched directly to the winners by www.smart-nails.com.
- Claire Kerr of Kerruticles is in no way responsible for the provision or delivery of the prizes.
I may have submitted a blank entry with the numbers as the RC widget won’t display properly, sorry 🙁
Ah boo. It’s showing for me. Will look into it. Usually if you come back to it, it has remembered your entry though.
They’ve entered fine, Emma. About 7 entries. Good luck 🙂
This is such an elegant and neat looking mani!