Cucumber Nails | Twinsie Tuesday
The Twinsie Tuesday prompt today is inspired by your favourite food. And with that, I have some cucumber nails! Yes, I know it’s strange, but I shall explain.
I had wanted to do some chillies on my nails to represent the spicy food like Thai curry that I love. But the chilli on my stamping plate looked too large.
So then I was going to stamp some sweets (candies to those of you in the US). However, as I was going through my stamping plates looking for suitable images, I was very taken by an image on Bundle Monster BM-505. I wasn’t sure what it was supposed to be, but it looked like cucumber to me. This plate is from the Sun Kissed collection, which has beach and sea-themed images. So it’s patently *not* an image of cucumbers. But it looks like it. I don’t particularly love cucumber, but I suddenly really wanted to put cucumbers on my nails!
The base is Revlon Buttercup, which is a lovely pale yellow.
I stamped the image using Mundo de Uñas High Green (37) and then filled it in while it was still on the stamper. I used the palest green I could find, SpaRitual Delight. It’s not quite right for the centre part of a cucumber. But hey ho … artistic license and all that!
My husband says they don’t look like cucumbers. But my son – who happens to eat cucumber practically every single day – declared straight away that they were indeed cucumber nails! (Gotta love your only son for nail praise like that!)
It was then that I had a complete catastrophe. I had slaved over these nails for ages last night, but I needed to take them off as I had a meeting to go to today. So I whipped out the acetone and was half way through removing them when I suddenly realised that I hadn’t photographed them. It was late and I needed to paint something plain for today, and anyway I had already removed half of the manicure, so I had no choice but to completely remove them.
It was a huge facepalm moment. I was gutted, but I repainted them this evening when I got home from my meeting.
[EDIT – I had a bit of a Google and it appears this image is of sand dollars – never heard of them, but they are apparently flat sea urchins. Who knew?]
Please take a look at all the other manicures from the Twinsies this week:
- Alaina at The Little Canvas
- Alice at Nail Art in Wonderland
- Amanda at Amandalandish
- Amanda at Fashion Footing
- Amber at Nails Like Lace
- Bridget at A Painted Nail
- Chelsea at Nailed Blog
- ChiChi at Just Me…ChiChi
- Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
- Lisa at The Polish Playground
- Marisa at Polish Obsession
- Marisa at Polish Those Nails
- Megan at A Beauty in the Business
- Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
- Sara at The Call of Beauty
- Sarah at Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Lacquer
- Savannah Addicted to Polish
- Sharon at Behind Green Eyes
- Steph at Lovestruck Lacquer
- Tiffany at Polished To Precision
- Base colour: three coats of Revlon Buttercup
- Stamping polish: Mundo de Uñas High Green (37)
- Stamping plate: Bundle Monster BM-505
- Additional colour: SpaRitual Delight
- Top coat: Glisten & Glow HK Girl
All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.
SpaRitual Delight was sent to me for review. All views expressed in this post are my own, honest and unbiased opinions.