It’s been a while since I’ve done much nail art. My nails have only really had plain nail polish on them for a lot of the time over the past year or so, as I’ve been so busy with work and my volunteering commitments.
So, this stamping marble using some neon brights from the Morgan Taylor Selfie collection was quite a welcome change.
I’m a little sad that my camera hasn’t done well with these colours. They’re bright neons and my camera just hasn’t done justice to this manicure. It looked awesome in the flesh; on the screen, not so much.
I used five of the six polishes in the Morgan Tayor Selfie collection. I only have five of them, as I’m missing Pretty As A Pink-ture. I am often amazed how well polish manufacturers put collections togehter. It’s when you use all (or nearly all) of the colours in a collection that you realise how well they complement each other.
So, the colours are:
- All About The Pout – a pale neon coral creme
- Me, Myself-ie, And I – a deeper neon coral creme
- Woke Up This Way – a neon magenta creme
- Best Face Forward – an inky purple with cyan blue and pinky-purple flakies (not neon)
- No Filter Needed – cyan blue creme (not neon)
I put drops of polish onto a mat, then picked up the colour with a stamper, dragging it a little to swirl the colours, and stamped the colour onto my nails. The technique is a fun and quick way to crate some nail art. It’s variously called a smoosh or a stamping marble.
As I said, my camera doesn’t pick up neon very well, so I photographed my hand in front of a gel nails LED light, which goes some way to showing off the brightness of these colours.
- Colours: all from Morgan Taylor: All About The Pout, Me, Myself-ie, And I, Woke Up This Way, Best Face Forward, No Filter Needed
- Top coat: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.
The Morgan Taylor polishes shown in this post were sent to me for review. All views expressed in this post are my own, honest and unbiased opinions.