Pink Mosaic Stripes | 40 Great Nail Art Ideas
The 40 Great Nail Art Ideas group is doing hot pink and my personal prompt was mosaic or stained glass, so I have some pink mosaic stripes. Not all the polishes I used are hot pink, but then when you’re doing mosaic, you need lots of different colours.
My first attempt at mosaic nails began with me painting colours on my silicon mat and cutting them out. But I messed up by applying the pieces when the base was still too wet. So after lots of preparation and time invested, I scrapped that idea and tried something else.
I found a great mosaic stamping image on Bundle Monster plate BM-208. My nails are quite long at the moment and the image was a millimetre or two too short. So I came up with the idea of making just a few stamped decals and cutting each one into stripes, then using a piece on each nail.
The base is a very pale pink, Barry M Rose Hip. Then I stamped the Bundle Monster image using Mundo de Uñas Fiusha (20). I filled it in while it was still on the stamper with lots of different pink polishes:
- Sinful Colors Forget Now, a jelly with a shimmer
- Color Club Miss Bliss (holographic)
- Barry M Birthday, the glittery Superdrug 50th birthday limited edition
- Revlon Passionate Pink
- OPI Kiss Me On My Tulips
- and several other Barry Ms … Passion Fruit, Grapefruit, Pomegranate and Rose Hip
I top-coated the decal and left it to dry, then cut it into four. I needed three decals to do all my nails and simply placed a piece on each nail. I didn’t quite get the “up, down” staggered look I was going for on my photographed hand as I placed the decals too close to the middle for the index and middle nails.
- Base colour: three coats of Barry M Rose Hip
- Stamping polish: Mundo de Uñas Fiusha (20)
- Stamping plate: Bundle Monster BM-208
- Decal colours: Sinful Colors Forget Now, Color Club Miss Bliss, Barry M Birthday, Revlon Passionate Pink, OPI Kiss Me On My Tulips, Barry M Passion Fruit, Barry M Grapefruit, Barry M Pomegranate and Barry M Rose Hip
- Top coat: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.
OPI Kiss Me On My Tulips was previously sent to me for review. All views expressed in this post are my own, honest and unbiased opinions.
[inlinkz_linkup id=630607 mode=1]
So pretty! I like that its in a stripe design too.
This is so creative and fun, while still being a really pretty manicure! I love how you used that stamping plate.