Magenta Waves | Twinsie Tuesday
This week for Twinsie Tuesday we’re doing monochrome. I’ve done a monochrome prompt before, and went with a black and white theme, even though – strictly speaking – monochrome in general just means using one colour, and shades of it. I’ve gone with that meaning this time and have created some tone on tone magenta waves.
The base is OPI Spare Me A French Quarter? A neighbour of mine has a car this exact colour. Frequently when I pass it I declare that I would love a nail polish in that colour. (In fairness, I expect I already have a dupe of this colour somewhere amongst my nearly 1,000 polishes anyway, but haven’t checked to be sure). It was nice to see the car and my nails today and properly realise that my wish has come true.
It’s a gorgeous magenta colour, which went on beautifully smoothly.
I stamped over it using Mundo de Uñas Fuchsia (Fiusha 20), which is very slightly lighter in colour. I used an image from hēhē plate Super Hero 011. hēhē makes two sizes of plate: the classic round ones, and this type – hēhē plus – which are the larger, rectangular plates. I’m really not sure which super hero this plate refers to – does anyone know?
I didn’t mean to stamp the image the other way around on the ring finger. It was a complete accident. But it makes for a nice accent nail, eh?!
Please take a look at all the other manicures from the Twinsies this week:
- Alaina at The Little Canvas
- Alice at Nail Art in Wonderland
- Amanda at Amandalandish
- Amanda at Fashion Footing
- Amber at Nails Like Lace
- Chelsea at Nailed Blog
- ChiChi at I’m Just Me…ChiChi
- Lisa at The Polish Playground
- Marisa at Polish Obsession
- Marisa at Polish Those Nails
- Megan at A Beauty in the Business
- Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
- Sara at The Call of Beauty
- Sarah at Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Lacquer
- Savannah at Addicted to Polish
- Sharon at Behind Green Eyes
- Steph at Lovestruck Lacquer
- Colour: two coats of OPI Spare Me A French Quarter
- Stamping polish: Mundo de Uñas Fuchsia (Fiusha 20)
- Stamping plate: hēhē Super Hero 011
- Top coat: Moyra Stamping Polish Top Coat
All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.
hēhē Super Hero 011 stamping palte used for this post was sent to me for review. All views expressed in this post are my own, honest and unbiased opinions.
Nice manicure! I really like how the stamping kind of blended in here too.
I would love a fuchsia car!
I love the subtle accent nail with the stamping in the opposite direction!
Ohh, these are so fun! I really like the stamp!
I love the subtle stamping here 🙂 yeah sometimes I accidentally rotate my stamping too but I agree it works well here as an accent nail!