Swear Words Manicure | Twinsie Tuesday
I have a swear words manicure for the Twinsie Tuesday prompt this week, the theme for which was words.
I was initially going to play it safe and do some “normal” words, but I changed my mind once I received the MoYou London Lingo 01 plate, which has a load of wonderful British phrases on it – including lots of swear words.
If you’re anti-swearing, you’re going to have to move on to the next post in your feed, as this may offend!
I am prone myself to a bit of swearing. My husband tells me off and calls me a “potty mouth”! I mainly swear in the car – at other drivers. I’m one of those drivers that curses those who overtake me as being madmen (it’s usually men) but will get equally irate at a dawdler. And when people forget what indicators are, or can’t stay in their lanes, then they will be berated too.
Don’t get me wrong here, I don’t wind down the window and give them a verbal outpouring. It’s always within the confines of the car … where I can’t be heard! (Except by my husband … sorry Paul!)
I used to be all polite and non-sweary, but these days I have Stephen Fry’s approach to it:
The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is in any way a sign of a lack of education or a lack of verbal interest is just fucking lunatic. – Stephen Fry
Despite being prone to swearing, I remained a little prudish though with these nails and couldn’t quite bring myself to put the F word on this manicure. So my index finger displays the very mild “oh bother”.
The ring finger is my favourite though. (And comes with a word of warning to my American readers: you seem to have started using this word now in the US – but it’s stronger than the way you are using it – you can’t go around calling people it over here – you’ll get yourself decked!)
Please take a look at all the other words manicures from the Twinsies this week:
- Alaina at The Little Canvas
- Alice at Nail Art in Wonderland
- Amanda at Amandalandish
- Amanda at Fashion Footing
- Amber at Nails Like Lace
- Chelsea at Nailed Blog
- ChiChi at I’m Just Me…ChiChi
- Lisa at The Polish Playground
- Marisa at Polish Obsession
- Marisa at Polish Those Nails
- Megan at A Beauty in the Business
- Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
- Sara at The Call of Beauty
- Sarah at Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Lacquer
- Savannah at Addicted to Polish
- Sharon at Behind Green Eyes
- Steph at Lovestruck Lacquer
- Base colours: two coats of either Nella Milano Chantilly Cream, Nella Milano Raven Wing, or MoYou London Classic Lipstick
- Stamping polishes: Konad Black, Konad White and MoYou London Classic Lipstick
- Stamping plate: MoYou London Lingo 01
- Top coat: Glisten & Glow HK Girl
All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.
Nella Milano Chantilly Cream and Nella Milano Raven Wing were previously sent to me for review. All views expressed in this post are my own, honest and unbiased opinions.