Shattered Glass Stamping | Twinsie Tuesday
For Twinsie Tuesday, we’re doing shattered glass nails.
Now, I don’t have any cellophane, nor much desire to spend hours cutting it up and sticking it my nails – much as I like the effect of the finished look. So I cheated and stamped my shattered glass nails instead.
The base is a polish I haven’t used before. It’s Nails Inc. Soho Silver, which came free with the December 2013 issue of Glamour magazine. So it’s more than two-years’ old and hasn’t been tried yet.
I used two coats. At first, it looked streaky and full of brush strokes, but surprisingly, it smoothed out beautifully as it dried and left an even, and fairly shiny, finish.
I wanted to create a broken mirror effect, and the black on silver seems to have done just that.
I stamped using Konad Black and Bundle Monster BM-608. The stamping plate is from the 2014 Create Your Own set, so thank you to whomever created the broken glass image! I get shattered glass nails … without the effort!
Please take a look at all the other shattered glass manicures from the Twinsies this week:
- Alaina at The Little Canvas
- Alice at Nail Art in Wonderland
- Amanda at Amandalandish
- Amanda at Fashion Footing
- Amber at Nails Like Lace
- Chelsea at Nailed Blog
- ChiChi at I’m Just Me…ChiChi
- Lisa at The Polish Playground
- Marisa at Polish Obsession
- Marisa at Polish Those Nails
- Megan at A Beauty in the Business
- Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
- Sara at The Call of Beauty
- Sarah at Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Lacquer
- Savannah at Addicted to Polish
- Sharon at Behind Green Eyes
- Steph at Lovestruck Lacquer
- Colour: two coats of Nails Inc Soho Silver
- Stamping polish: Konad Black
- Stamping plate: Bundle Monster BM-608
- Top coat: Glisten & Glow HK Girl
All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.
I love this ‘cheated’ shattered glass!
These look amazing and totally remind me of shattered glass. I like that you went with silver and black too.
Haha I didn’t have the patience either so I stamped too 🙂 I love the silver and black it really does look like a broken mirror!
WHY do I never think of stamping when it comes to these prompts?! Love that stamp, it looks great.
I was envisioning something similar in my head but didn’t have the stamping plate or the artistic ability to pull this off, lol! Great job!
That image is perfect! That’s the first “shattered glass” image I’ve seen and your stamping is perfect!
Just one word: WOW!