Sunset (Family) Tree | Twinsie Tuesday
This sunset tree manicure is the first I’ve done for a new challenge group I am involved with. I am delighted to have been selected to join the Twinsie Tuesday group. It’s a group that’s been going for about as long as I have been blogging, perhaps longer, and I was already following most of the participants.
This first prompt that I’m doing is hobbies or interests, excluding polish. Painting my nails is undoubtedly my favourite hobby, and the one that I devote the most of my spare time to. But I also love going to the theatre to watch Shakespeare, and my other main interest is genealogy.
I dip in and out of genealogy, depending on how much work I have on usually. But I’ve been able to trace some of my lines back to the mid 1600s, and some of my husband’s to the 1500s. So these nails are a homage to genealogy, a family tree – of sorts.
I started with a gradient of Nella Milano polishes: Periwinkle Pucker (blue), Lemon Sherbet (yellow), Chilli Blaze (orange) and Evergreen (green). Most sunset gradients I see are tropical, with lovely pinks and oranges and purples. This one is a little more British, and was inspired by nails done by Nail Art Stamping Mania. I had already decided on the image to use – from Born Pretty Store plate BP-L015 – and was curious to see how others had used it. I came across her manicure and decided to copy her sunset background!
Rather than have all my nails look identical though, I tried to make it look like one large tree, repeating the image on my middle two nails, then using part of the image to create smaller branches on the outer nails.
I stamped the tree image using Barry M Cocoa.
Please take a look at all the other manicures from the Twinsies this week:
- Tiffany at Polished To Precision
- Steph at Lovestruck Lacquer
- Sharon at Behind Green Eyes
- Savannah Addicted to Polish
- Sara at The Call of Beauty
- Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
- Megan at A Beauty in the Business
- Marisa at Polish Those Nails
- Marisa at Polish Obsession
- Lisa at The Polish Playground
- Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
- ChiChi at Just Me…ChiChi
- Chelsea at Nailed Blog
- Bridget at A Painted Nail
- Amber at Nails Like Lace
- Amanda at Fashion Footing
- Amanda at Amandalandish
- Alaina at The Little Canvas
- Gradient: Nella Milano Periwinkle Pucker, Nella Milano Lemon Sherbet, Nella Milano Chilli Blaze and Nella Milano Evergreen
- Gradient top coat: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
- Stamping polish: Barry M Cocoa
- Stamping plate: Born Pretty Store BP-L015
- Final top coat: Glisten & Glow HK Girl
All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.
All Nella Milano polishes and the Born Pretty Store stamping plate used for this post were sent to me for review. All views expressed in this post are my own, honest and unbiased opinions.