FingerFood’s Theme Weeks: Cute: Japanese Kawaii Animals
For the cute theme in the FingerFood’s Theme Weeks challenge I have always been intending to do these nails.
These are Japanese kawaii animals (kawaii means cute). Think Hello Kitty and Pikachu and you’re there.
I couldn’t find any references for four characters I loved, so I mixed and matched some ideas I saw on various items, like miso soup bowls, phone covers and the like.
The details were dotted and hand painted using a very fine, cut down detailing brush.
The duck’s base is George Buttercup Shine, which took four coats before I was happy.
The bases for the other animals took just two coats: the white for the rabbit is Sinful Colors Snow Me White; the pink for the pig is W7 Baby Pink; and the grey for the cat is Sally Hansen Ion.
Here are the manicures from everyone else that is participating:
- Index finger (duck): four coats of George Buttercup Shine; Essie Orange It’s Obvious
- Middle finger (rabbit): Sinful Colors Snow Me White
- Ring finger (pig): W7 Baby Pink
- Little finger (cat): Sally Hansen Ion
- Other details: W7 Black and Sinful Colors Snow Me White
- Top coat: Glisten & Glow HK Girl
– – – – –
All manicure images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.