Christmas Challenge 2013 Day 5: Toys
I was really stumped about what to do when it came to this toys prompt for the Crumpet’s Nail Tarts Christmas Winter Challenge.
Then, I was listening to Absolute Radio, and on Christian O’Connell’s breakfast show, he was saying he was having trouble getting his daughter a Furby Boom, as everywhere was sold out. I thought Furbies were a 1990s thing, but apparently they are back. And this year they are set to be the Christmas toy.
So that had me decided and I set about trying to recreate Furbies on my finger nails!
I’ve done two of them: Sweet Zig Zag and Polka Dot.
Both Furby nails have two coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White as a base, and then these are the polishes used for each one:
- for Polka Dot: the body is Barry M Fuchsia with white dots in Sinful Colors Snow Me White; the feet and ears are Barry M Turquoise with accents done in Sinful Colors Snow Me White; the eyes are Barry M Lemon Ice Cream, Sinful Colors Snow Me White and W7 Black; the eyelids are Barry M Turquoise; the beak is Beauty UK Bon Bon; and the tongue is Barry M Blood Orange.
- for Sweet Zig Zag: I added zig zag guides and painted W7 Black over the top; the feet and ears are Barry M Guava with accents done in Sinful Colors Snow Me White; the eyes are Essie Orange, it’s Obvious, Sinful Colors Snow Me White and W7 Black; the eyelids are Barry M Guava; the beak is Beauty UK Bon Bon; and the tongue is Barry M Blood Orange.
My index finger nail has one coat of Barry M Guava (should have done two) and my little finger has two coats of Barry M Fuchsia.
Here’s the other manicures from today’s prompt:
- Index finger: one coat of Barry M Guava
- Middle finger: two coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White, plus detail using: Barry M Fuchsia, Sinful Colors Snow Me White, Barry M Turquoise, Barry M Lemon Ice Cream, W7 Black, Beauty UK Bon Bon and Barry M Blood Orange.
- Ring finger: two coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White, plus detail using: zig zag guides, W7 Black, Barry M Guava, Sinful Colors Snow Me White, Essie Orange, it’s Obvious, Beauty UK Bon Bon and Barry M Blood Orange.
- Little finger: two coats of Barry M Fuchsia
- Top coat: Glisten & Glow HK Girl
– – – – –
All images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.
Barry M Guava was sent to me for review. All views expressed in this post are my own, honest and unbiased opinions.
This is just perfect! Like seriously! I rarely see manicures that good! great great job!
I don’t want to hear another word from you about how you can’t do freehand nail art! These are not only adorable, they are FABULOUS! I thought you had used decals when I saw the Bloglovin list. LOL
You have come so far in your nailart abilities, Claire! <3
Why thank you
. BUUUT, most of this is dotted, or done with tape – the bits I did with a brush are still pants!! (Eyelids, tongue and the thingy above the eyes in particular – just open the image and then zoom your browser to see!)
Those are fantastic!! My 90’s inner child loves them!! I remember having a white one for a week that was really interactive with me, then someone knocked it off the kitchen counter and it died 🙁 my newer one never liked me as much…..I’m making it sound like its a pet now haha
They are programmed to be like pets, though. And they gradually learn and talk more too.
I was too old to have one 🙁 All my son’s friends seem to have them – or want them. I should have bought him one for Christmas, just so I could play with it!
They look amazing, and I consider Furbies as annoying toy critters 😉
Pish posh! I’ve been following you for some time & you’ve gone from being uncertain of even trying to make dots on your nails to creating something peeps easily recognize & love!
Sure, some nail art looks like a mini painting from the Louvre, but any time you dot, tape, squiggle, stamp &/or stick on some bling it’s NAIL ART. If what you create looks like what you intended it to look like…you’ve done well. Accept your success & celebrate! Sure, one can always find flaws if one’s looking for them & most manis look best at arm’s length. LOL
I am applauding your progress & success! <3
Ah, thank you 🙂 (I’m very self-critical).
You are most deservedly welcome! <3
I know you are, that's why I'm persistent & insistent with you. LOL