33DC Day 12: A Pattern in Your Home
So, today for the Crumpet’s Nail Tarts 33 Day Challenge we have to recreate or be inspired by a pattern in our home. There are only three patterns I can think of in my house; everything else is completely plain. My son’s duvet is patterned, we have a wallpapered accent wall, and a patterned vinyl tablecloth
The duvet is white with very fine, slightly squiggly lines in different shades of blue across it. That would certainly be nice and easy to recreate, but not too challenging. The wallpaper is very difficult to copy – there’s no way I’d manage that. And so it was the tablecloth that I went for.
It has a cream background with brown, beige and green swirly flower patterns over it. I wasn’t sure how I’d do, but I went ahead and I’m really pleased with my efforts.
Here’s the (slightly grubby, sorry) tablecloth:
And here’s my manicure:
I started off with a base of OPI My Vampire Is Buff, then freehanded (yes, I can’t believe it either!) in the flowers. I managed to get fairly good matches for each of the four colours. I used:
- NYC Midtown Mink (chocolate brown)
- Model’s Own Nude Beige (beige)
- Essie Navigate Her (the darker green)
- Barry M Lime Green (the brighter, lighter, lime green)
It took a lot of patience, and it doesn’t look so great close up on camera, but it looks fantastic at arm’s length.
- Base colour: three coats of OPI My Vampire Is Buff
- Flowers: hand drawn using a fine nail art brush, using NYC Midtown Mink,Model’s Own Nude Beige, Essie Navigate Her and Barry M Lime Green
- Top coat: Glisten & Glow HK Girl
Have a look at what everyone else doing the challenge has come up with:
– – – – –
All images are copyright to Kerruticles unless otherwise mentioned.
The flowers are perfect, I love them xx
you did this so well! perfect interpretation x
Nice colors and print! I like it.